I am very nearly an entire year behind. Does that even count as being behind? Or did I quit and am now trying to restart? Either way, the memories may be a bit hazy, and the details lacking, but I would like to make an effort. We've had a really really great year and it's nice to have a place to look back and see how we're all growing up.
We went to Canada last summer. My whole family came. We hadn't all been together in who knows how long. My parents had been on a mission for the past 2 years, so it was at least 2 years since we'd all seen each other. And probably longer than that. That's a long time when many of the people there are under the age of 5.
It. Was. Heavenly. The farm really is a special place and to be there with such special people made all the kind of traumatic traveling worth it. Ten months later I can't recall a single detail of horror from the travels and I do remember many details of the fun once we got there. I also recall the heat! I can't believe I used to live there! How do people function in such unlivable temperatures??? We survived and have tickets for another trip home this summer, so it couldn't have been too too bad, right?
Home.

Family.
\
Remember when Paul had a beard? Let's not talk about it.
Seeing all the grandkids eating around the kitchen table made me think of being at my grandparents' house and the feeling of freedom and fun I had there with all my cousins. My amazing sister Julie took care of ALL the food. For all of us. What a champ.

We made ice cream.

Much to Esme's delight.
I just love this picture.
My kids had never been to the farm before. It was something else to see them running and playing on the same ground I grew up on.
They ran and played hard.
There was much baseball fun.
We all got to sign our names on the big white rock at the end of the lane before we left.
We went to Canada last summer. My whole family came. We hadn't all been together in who knows how long. My parents had been on a mission for the past 2 years, so it was at least 2 years since we'd all seen each other. And probably longer than that. That's a long time when many of the people there are under the age of 5.
It. Was. Heavenly. The farm really is a special place and to be there with such special people made all the kind of traumatic traveling worth it. Ten months later I can't recall a single detail of horror from the travels and I do remember many details of the fun once we got there. I also recall the heat! I can't believe I used to live there! How do people function in such unlivable temperatures??? We survived and have tickets for another trip home this summer, so it couldn't have been too too bad, right?
Home.
Family.
Of course the farm has no shortage of fun things to do. There's a wide variety of activities to meet all interests, from explosives and fireworks (our stroller got super screened at the airport on the return trip and they wanted to know if we'd been around explosives. Why...yes...you see my dad likes to blow things up...) to the sandbox and water toys. Everybody was happy.
The kids waited patiently for turns on the tiny little motorbike. Julie had them corralled quite effectively and happily.
Seeing all the grandkids eating around the kitchen table made me think of being at my grandparents' house and the feeling of freedom and fun I had there with all my cousins. My amazing sister Julie took care of ALL the food. For all of us. What a champ.
Of course we got in a little fishing at a dugout after the family talent show.
We made ice cream.
Much to Esme's delight.
I just love this picture.
My kids had never been to the farm before. It was something else to see them running and playing on the same ground I grew up on.
They ran and played hard.
There was much baseball fun.
And fantastically endless cousin time.
It sure was nice of Levi and Jen to have their kids first so they are the perfect age to help with all the little ones!
Before you knew it, it was time for another marathon day of travel home.
Esme was obviously smitten with the Calgary airport! Can't wait for another go in a couple of months!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're catching up! I've missed getting updates from you. These pictures are gorgeous and full of beautiful and happy family time and perfect summerness. What a wholesome place to take your kids!
Post a Comment