Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Smattering Of July 2018

You better believe we were outside enjoying these blue skies at Kincaid Park.


Another day at Eklutna.  Weird to see a crowded beach in AK, but you can't blame anyone for thinking it was a good place to be on this gorgeous day.




One of our favorite things about our house is the back alley berries!  I swear Ezra picked berries for 45 minutes this day.  And he wasn't eating them all either!  I was so impressed.



This photo is from the annual primary bike ride. It's notable enough to include because at this point the year before I had already broken down in tears.  Hooray for everyone getting older and easier!


Paul's garden at work was thriving much better than our efforts at home!


You guys.  Last summer we found my favorite new place in Alaska.  The Denali Highway.  Let me tell you what.  It's beautiful.  It feels so remote, but it's super accessible, even for a family in a minivan.  But it feels like you are in the wilderness.  We camped up there one night because Paul wanted to do a little reconnaissance for a later hunting trip.  I'm so glad we joined him for this adventure.

And yes, while we thought we brought every last item we owned with us, apparently we forgot our brand new backpack for carrying Thomas!  Sigh.



But it was impossible to feel too sad about anything when this is what we were looking at. 



Oh Alaska.  You do it to me every time.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I can't believe I'm going to be in Alaska this summer!!! Also, I'm happy that things with your kiddos have gotten easier.