Wednesday, July 19, 2017

May

I didn't have it in me to tackle putting a real garden in at our new house this year, but I was super excited to grow some things.  We had a nice warm early spring and we just wanted to get out there and plant!  We did some herbs and potatoes, peas and carrots.  The kids were super excited to help out and watering our plants has been one of our favorite things this summer.


Another favorite thing has been the zoo!  We got ourselves a pass with some Christmas money, so we go every week.  I cannot emphasize enough what a perfect outing it is for my kids.  And me.  Every one of us is so happy there.  They can run around, but there's enough to look at that they aren't trying to wrestle each other, but nothing that requires them to pay attention if they don't want to.  Oh, it's so perfect.  



We usually go when Dad's at work and they love to recount the details of our visit over breakfast the next day.


Thomas continues to be cute.  And sweet.  And (if you have a new baby, please skip this sentence) he's been sleeping for 10-12 hours a night since he was 10 weeks old!!! Whaaaat!?!?!  I certainly hope he keeps that up.  That's a feat that the twins did not accomplish until they were 1.  I'm not comparing...I'm just sayin'.  He's pretty great.  


Paul finally got to plant his long longed for Northstar Cherry Tree.


Sometimes I try to get cute pictures of my kids on our walks and they just end up looking like walking heads of hair.  And poor Thomas appears only as a stroller in 99% of our pictures.  Oh well...he was there.  


Enjoying our neighborhood.


Esme's cute little wisps of hair.  She's been working hard on them for 2 and a half years.


While Ezra's rugged man hair grows at an incredible rate.


Our stake did trek this year.  Last time we were a Ma and Pa, but this time...not so much.  We all went out to the valley one day so that Paul could help with setting up the carts.  We thought Mom and Dad might appreciate this picture of our tots with a big handcart wheel.  


Ezra's first real haircut.  Also, he has developed a lovely habit of putting his hand in front of his face and saying "cheese" when you try to take his picture.  He's holding his camera, I get it...but I sure would like to see that cute face!


I try to mix it up for our walks.  This day we were checking out Lake Hood, the float plane airport.  They were super into the little planes.


These guys are out of control crazy when it comes to bedtime.  So we are keeping them in their cribs as long as we possibly can.  They are so happy jumping and yelling at each other.  When one of them eventually falls asleep (usually Ezra), you can hear Esme yelling at him, "Wake up, Ezra!"  It's pretty funny.  They also love to sing in their cribs after lights out.  Sometimes they sing about their doctors or their teddy bears.  They other day I heard Esme singing, "I looooooove youuuuuuuuuuu."  Sweet.


We also have arrived at the age of park fun.  We have about a million parks by our house (ok, 3?), so we can pick and choose what kind of adventure we're looking for.  


Since Thomas is a champion sleeper, I even started doing some baking.  And feeling dang proud of myself for being so productive.


Once or twice, I've even made supper!  I know...crazy.


Someone gave us these sweet chairs their twins outgrew.  I love how they are just exactly the perfect size for my guys.  They love them.



Checking out the trails out at Kincaid.


Corrie joined us one clear day for a trip up to Flattop.  Well...to the parking lot of Flattop.  Which has a lovely outlook.





1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love those chairs! Little furniture for little bodies is so adorable.