Sunday, April 28, 2013

NYO

Once a year the Native Youth Olympics come to town.  This year Paul went for work to enjoy the festivities.  There are lots of pretty fantastic events like the seal hop. They race to see who can hop across the floor the fastest in this position...




...and one where they kick a ball suspended super high in the air with one foot.  They land on one foot and have to show they have balance for it to count.



Paul loves it whenever he gets an opportunity to see the blanket toss.  They did this between some events this weekend.


 
 
 
 
 
Good times. 


2 comments:

Ben said...

I love the crazy festivities that take place in Alaska! State Fair, NYO, etc. Just awesome.

Jenn and I used to do a blanket toss with Henry every family night when he was little. Not quite as high as this one though...

Brittany said...

Are you ever allowed to do the blanket toss? I remember learning about this in school (probably Julie of the Wolves?) and really wanting to do it.