Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great Barrier Reef

Remember how we went to Canada on our way to Australia. While home I was looking through some old journals and found not only a Grade 3 report on Australia, but I found a list of goals I had made and one of them was to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. Who knew?

This was Paul's birthday present this year.

We did three different spots. Paul scuba dived the first two and snorkeled the last one with me. This is a giant clam.

I thought it would be kind of neat, but it was REALLY neat. There were a billion fish, super colorful, billions of different kinds. BILLIONS!!!



Embarrasing fact: The whole time I was in the water all I could think about was how I wanted to watch Finding Nemo.


Back in Port Douglas we had oysters and hot dogs for supper. Oysters for Paul, hot dogs for me! I know. I'm classy.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

What fun adventures you guys had!!! Glad you could experience that and make such great memories.

David and Amy said...

Seriously. That is just amazing. It's one of my dream destinations!

Brittany said...

I didn't know Paul could scuba dive! Of course he can, he grew up in the Church! YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN IN THAILAND!

Sorry to detract from your fun in Australia. The Great Barrier Reef looks very beautiful.

In America we say "third grade." Just thought you'd like to know.

Mal said...

So cool! I remember learning about the Great Barrier Reef back in school too. I can't believe you actually got to go swim in it. I think that is so awesome!