I think all boys, when on a beach, feel compelled to find a coconut.
And break it open.
We wandered around some and found some AWESOME foliage.
One of my favorite new-learned facts. There is a tree called a "Strangler Fig." What happens is, a seed gets caught in the limbs of full grown tree. The seed then sends its roots down the tree, reaching for the ground. Eventually the roots of the Strangler Fig will strangle the host tree until it is dead. That tree then eventually decays, leaving a hollow looking webby tree standing there. Cool.
3 comments:
Awesome. it looks like the island on Lost. Therefore, its awesome.
Those green rooftop leaf-things are SO COOL! It makes me want to build a fort.
I feel sad for the host tree. What a vicious tree that strangler fig is.
Holy cow, this looks like an amazing trip. I am so proud to be friends with the coolest hippies ever!
Sorry it took me so long to get to all your posts. I didn't read any blogs on vacation, and then you had posted SO much while I was gone. Missing you!
Post a Comment