
This is the most beautiful bread I've ever made. It's an orange/craisin/raisin/fig/walnut celbration braid.

These are enormous calzones we made. We had a bunch of friends over for calzone making and I was impressed/amazed with how everyone finished their whole thing.

This was a spelt dish we tried as we've been attempting to incorporate a wider variety of grains into our diet. I tried to make amaranth for our curry this weekend. It's weird.

These are the first buttons we made with the button maker Paul got me for my Birthday. I've been longing for a button maker since I was 15 or so. A good 13 years ago! Well, now I've finally got it. I can't bring myself to give away any of our buttons, because I love them all so much. I think the little lamb is my favorite.
4 comments:
Shug-You never cease to amaze me! You're always up to learning/doing something new! I'm always impressed. Just today I was thinking I'd like to try my hand at making tortillas...and I've always wanted to learn how to make calzones! You inspire me. Oh and your bread seriously looks divine!!! I'd probably want to eat the whole thing even though it looks huge!
As your official tour guide, I would like to request a button, made especially for me. You have three months to prepare. Good luck.
PS It has to be as cool as the ones in the picture.
I must confess: I doubted the coolness of that button maker. But now I am officially jealous. You HAVE to make me some for my diaper bag that will make me officially the coolest mom ever. Please!
Sonoran Tortillas:
4 C. flour
1-1/2 tsp. salt
4 T. butter flavored Crisco
1-3/4 C. water
This is the best recipe I've come across. Mix, shape, cook. But I must say that mine are always delicious ameobas. I'm super impressed with how perfectly round Paul's tortillas are!
Post a Comment