Saturday, November 26, 2016

Getting Sick

You know what happens when we travel?  By the time we get home, Esme is sick.  And then Ezra gets sick.  Esme gets better.  And Ezra gets worse.  Our trip to Colorado was no exception.  Ezra ended up having some breathing problems and eventually wound up in the ER.   At least he had his dad to hold him.  Ezra loves his dad so much and when he was sick all he wanted was to snuggle with Paul. 


He ended up needing to be admitted but thankfully started improving shortly after that.   


This time around he only had to stay overnight and by the next morning was feeling much better and was ready to go!  (I think he looks like a house elf in this gown.)


Paul "The Hospital Hater" Rigg stayed with Ezra while Esme and I went home for a good night's rest. The next morning, with one kid each to be in charge of, both Paul and I separately had the thought of how much easier it is with just one!  But it didn't last long.  We went to keep them company/rile them up at the hospital while we waited to be discharged.


Ezra, patiently waiting for his discharge paperwork.


Once again we are grateful to have access to good medical care.  We were glad to live so close to medical help and that he was so much better so quickly.  He was all smiles when we got home and loosed him in the backyard. Good job Ezra!

 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Did you know that I've NEVER had to take one of my babies to the hospital (except one ER trip, but that was only because we were in Utah and our insurance sent us there for what would have been a routine ped. visit)? You guys have had more than your fair share! Sweet little Ezra. I'm so glad he's doing better and that you guys survived this one. Now no more!

Brittany said...

I was pretty sure I already commented on this, but maybe my comments didn't go through. I love how they are becoming little people with such distinct features and personalities. And they're so cute all bundled up. You've got such nice babies.