Saturday, November 26, 2016

General Summertime Fun

One thing our family is really good at is taking really nice family portraits on special occasions.  This was our Father's day session.
 
 
Something Esme is really good at is being an absolute nutter.  This girls makes me laugh.  A lot.


She also loves to be helpful with gardening.  Here she is taking care of our gooseberry bush at our old house before we moved.

 
Ezra is good at enjoying the fruits of her labors.  And getting bowl haircuts.  We're working on it.  I promise. 
 
 
These guys are crazy about gooseberries!
 
 
In an earlier post I mentioned how we didn't do anything fun this summer.  That wasn't entirely true. Paul's uncle Taber brought part of his family up for a high school reunion and of course we got in some fishing with them.  It was great to see them and great to get out of town.  
 
Here are our kids, stoked for their first trip to the Russian River.


They had so much fun playing with Camden and Becca and especially Grandma Karen.  It really was so great to get out of town.  Taber got us a hotel room so I was spared my biggest nightmare of trying to camp with these hooligans.  Someday.  Just not quite yet. 


On the way home we had front row seats to a forest fire burning along the Turnagain Arm.  Traffic was stopped.  For hours.  At this point I don't even remember how long the usually 45 minute drive from Girdwood to Anchorage was.  Something like 3 hours?  5?  All I know was Taber and Becca came back a few hours after we did and they took even longer.  They very nearly missed their flight!  Our tots did pretty well, all things considered.  We at least got to watch the helicopters filling up their huge buckets with water and dumping them.  That was pretty neat.   


We also found a nice little carrier at a garage sale.  We were pretty excited about that find.  This is our first trip.  And regrettably our last!  Ezra liked it so much he fell asleep.  I just never got around to using it.  Hopefully next year!

 
This picture is because my mom took pictures of all of us in the fridge at some point.  I'm pretty sure her pictures of us in her fridge never had unsightly drips of who knows what in the background.  Maybe I was supposed to clean the fridge first and then take the picture? 
 

 
As you can tell, we didn't have no fun this summer.  Just a little lower key than usual. 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

These pictures make me excited for Archer to get a little older because they do so many funny things! Are you kind of excited to get to do it all over again with #3?