I can't quite remember when it was, but earlier this year I was feeling a wee bit overwhelmed. So what do I do when I feel a wee bit overwhelmed? I called my mom, of course. And I invited her to come visit. She said, "Yeah, I'll think about it." I'm pretty sure I called her back and said heavily, "Mom, this is more than a casual invite." And of course she came. I wanted to show off my babies. I wanted her to see how far we've come. I wanted her to tell me I was doing a good job. But mostly, I just wanted to visit. And that's exactly what we did. From the instant she walked in the door straight through until she left to go home...we talked and talked and talked. And it was just what I needed. What a good woman!
And she happened to be here for Halloween, so I took advantage of her seamstressing skills and had her whip up a couple of Salt & Pepper costumes for the twinners. (No, we didn't go trick or treating. No, we didn't even leave the house. But we did get pictures!)


We also took advantage of her babysitting skills and went out on a date and to the temple. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. (Except the part where Paul ended up in the Emergency Room...but perhaps that's a story for another time.)


We also took advantage of her babysitting skills and went out on a date and to the temple. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. (Except the part where Paul ended up in the Emergency Room...but perhaps that's a story for another time.)
I don't think I can over-stress what a good woman my mom is or how grateful I am for her. It is healing to be around her. I hope someday my kids will say the same about me.
4 comments:
Esme is a doll!
I think you should start posting pictures on Instagram. I want to see these photos as they happen! Also, aren't moms the best? I love that your mom can come whenever you need her.
What is on the table for your date? It looks like someone murdered a starfish!
So...a bunch of your posts got put in a folder of my email that I never look at. And now I'm finally getting to that folder! So prepare for a bunch of comments!
I am SO happy that your mom came (a really long time ago. Must be time for her to come again!). And those costumes couldn't be cuter!
Post a Comment