Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Turnagain Arm

A lot of the leaves are on the ground now, so we wanted to make one more trip out to Girdwood before we lost this fall forever.  It was super cloudy and foggy when we left town until suddenly, it wasn't!

We ended up having a beautiful day!




(Please excuse the powerlines!)


We got out and enjoyed the view from the Crow Pass trailhead.  I took Ezra up the trail a little ways and he loved it.  It got me very very excited to hike with my kids.  I kind of feel like everything is going to just keep getting better.
  


We enjoyed some snacks.


Paul and Ezra took some selfies.  I love how you can see how much he likes his dad.


Honestly, when I saw this next picture I started crying.  I just love that we have kids.  These kids.


On the way home we had a major beluga spotting!  Those of you who have visited know that belugas are the best wildlife to spot!  We don't see them very often so we were super excited to pull over and watch the blow holes and see them come up out of the water a little.  There were tons of them.  We decided from how far they stretched that there must be a hundred of them.  (The world wide web tells me that they travel in groups of 2 to 25, so maybe it was more like 25...but it seemed like a lot more than that.)  It was really neat.  


Can you see the blow hole in this one?


All in all, a great way to spend a Monday.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Guess what? Everything IS going to keep getting better! That's just how it works with kids...at least if you're like me. Don't get me wrong, I love the baby stage. But when they start to walk and talk and can interact? That's when it gets really fun.

Love the whale pictures, by the way. And the mountains. Man, I miss the mountains here in flat, flat Chicago.

Kris and Sam said...

I LOVE all of these pictures, but the shadow picture best. And yes, things definitely get better. And better. And better!