Sunday, September 20, 2015

Leaf Looking

It's September.  I LOVE September.  It is my number one favorite month of them all.  (Except December, of course.)  It does something to my heart.  I love to see the leaves change.  This year we've watched the leaves on the tree in our front yard with especial interest, since I spend a lot more time looking out our living room window than I used to.  Ezra is an avid fan of that tree.  So I knew we would all enjoy a trip to see some leaves on Paul's day off.

Where did we go, you ask?  Well, Chickaloon, of course!

We drove ourselves into the shadow of King Mountain at Chickaloon, looked at the leaves, showed the babies the river and then we went home.  It was perfect.  I love our low key baby outings.




This next picture could have been so much better.  Paul was holding Ezra, smiling big for the camera.  I counted off, "One...Two...Three!" On the count of three, instead of smiling, Ezra puked all down Paul's arm.  It was amazing.  But it shocked me so much I didn't take the picture so all we have is the aftermath.

  

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks so gorgeous. I really miss do having real fall. But today it rained a tiny bit and it was under 80 degrees, so we're autumning almost as much as you are, really.

Jenn said...

Glad you're doing a scaled down version of your typical outings. You gotta get out and enjoy it, you know? I feel the same way about our fleeting fall weather. It's amazing right now. It's always hard to decide whether to get out and enjoy it or stay in and catch up on sleep. Maybe that's what winter is for?