We were so stoked to hear that Pete and Leah were getting married! An excellent excuse for a vacation and a chance to see family and some friends. And a chance to get some serious Utah milkshakes! YES!
Here they are with their marriage license. They are so perfect for each other.
Not only did we get some serious milkshakes, but they decided to get pizza from The Pie to feed the families the night before the wedding. It's official...I have a new favorite pizza. Okay, tied for favorite. It was that good. I think about it often.
Look how happy they are! It was pretty neat that my mission president, President Gardner, is a sealer in the Salt Lake temple now and he was able to perform their ceremony. There was such an absolutely amazing feeling in that room. We are so happy for them.
Paul and his siblings with the grandkids. I'm glad we finally got some!
It's a pretty great trip when we get to see both sets of grandparents.
I'm pretty sure they were in heaven.
Paul's parents got us an extra night in the hotel as we had planned to stay and see some other friends after his family all took off.
We had a fantastic visit with the Clarkes in American Fork. They fed us an amazing lasagna lunch. They were so excited to meet the twins. (Whaaat? Paul shaved???? It's true. Oh, so handsome. So handsome. I am so happy. So happy. Thank goodness!)
And we got to see our friends Andrew and Brianna who used to live up here. Andrew is the brother of Grant, my friend from BYU. We all got together so I got to meet Grant's really incredibly awesome wife Jen and their girl Olive. Sadly, no pictures made it out of that get together. Grant and Jen were moving into their beautiful new house that week and were so gracious to make time to get together with us. I really enjoyed it. It's always crazy to see how we're all turning out.
We also got to have a good visit with Grandma Bert on the way to the airport.
Alas, the fish box has finally retired. This insulated box has transported salmon from Alaska to family many times.
It was a fantastic trip. The babies did awesome. Really they did. But I do have a distinct memory from the plane ride back to AK of me thinking, "I am never doing this again." But I'm sure I will. Good times had by all.
2 comments:
The Pie! The cute couple! The beard--yay!!! And the box! Love them all! Especially the beard. When Ben shaved his little beard off, I thought he looked white and puffy. Did that happen with Paul?
Oh, and visiting Grant! And making it through the flight! Yay!
Post a Comment