While this post is a pregnancy update (which feels like something that probably only our moms care about...if you don't care...don't read it), this picture is a throwback to this summer, first trimester, on our way to Lake Powell in the back of Jeff and Kathy's car. I love this picture and since I'm still doing a lot of the whole sleeping thing I thought it appropriately representative. I think that's my knee under my hand. I am definitely NOT doing any curling up like that anymore.
Because my belly's in the way!!! This is me at the beginning of our Childbirth class. Paul and I really enjoyed it. It was full of interesting information that was presented really well. We're both glad we did it. At least, at the beginning I was glad...
...right up until they handed me 2 (TWO!!!!!) babies!!! Okay, obviously they were just dolls, but everyone else in the room got one and I just about had a heart attack when they handed me one...and then another one!!! I spent the next week or so feeling incredibly overwhelmed at the prospect, but then I decided to just embrace it. They're coming, both of them, which we are thrilled about, so I might as well just enjoy looking forward to them and not dread it. Sure it'll be hard, but A.) we'll figure it out and B.) there's probably going to be some good parts too.
And the class wasn't all horror stories. There was some downright funny stuff too. Like this. Hee hee hee.
People often ask for belly pictures. But what I think is truly awesome are my feet and ankles. And so I am graciously posting, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of my sausage toes. Man, we just look at my feet and laugh and laugh. (I am sparing you any larger of a picture! You're welcome.)
This is my happy little belly at about 26 or 27 weeks.
And this is my fabulous belly at 30 weeks.
Did I ever mention how wonderful Paul is? This is a picture of the sunset that he texted me to go look at on his way to help me set up for Young Women In Excellence (which I'm super glad is over with already). Not only was he on his way to help me, but he also notices the beautiful things in this world and takes the time to make sure that I am noticing them too. He also makes me delicious dinners and makes me feel like I'm doing a really good job every time I'm resting.
4 comments:
Shug, even I appreciate pregnancy updates! Keep 'em coming.
I appreciate pregnancy updates too! It's so fun seeing the progress. Also, your hair is incredibly shiny in that last picture. You should be in a shampoo commercial!
sweet post… you and Paul are awesome together. I love the belly pics. :) You are too cute and don't look like you are carrying twins!
You look so good! I wouldn't know you were having twins! So excited for you. That's hilarious about the two dolls. Haha.
Post a Comment