Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hope, AK (Otherwise Known As The Place My Heart Tells Me To Live)

Ben once commented that we are morally obligated to post pictures of Alaska for everyone that doesn't get to look at this every day.  So here you go. 
 
One Monday morning we found ourselves without any plans, responsibilities or doctor appointments and Paul said, "Do you want to go to Hope?"  Do I want to go to Hope?  Of course!!  That's one of my favorite places in the entire world!!!  So off we went, perfect timing for leaf looking.


The leaves were beautiful on the way down, but as soon as we got out of the car in Hope, they were absolutely aflame!!!

 
Paul was so excited at how beautiful of a day it was that he did jig.  Of course.

 
And I was so excited at how beautiful Paul is that I took his picture.  Of course.  (If only we could do something about that beard!)


After walking around the deserted "town" we had ourselves a little Cup O' Noodle picnic. 
 
 
 And then we kissed!
 
 
While we were walking down this road Paul said, "Have you ever been on a road like this before?  We should probably kiss."  So we kissed again.
 




Can you see why I have decided this is my favorite month of the year?  What a magical day it was.  Paul gets yet another gold star for being so great at coming up with ideas and having fun.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! those mountains are incredible!!

Brittany said...

I wish we had real autumns here. So beautiful!

Ben said...

Thank you for posting the pictures! Our autumn hasn't been too shabby itself, but I sure wish we had mountains like that as a backdrop...just stunning.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! These pictures are breathtaking… what a beautiful place. I could totally see why you want to live here! And you and Paul are just the cutest!