Sunday, August 3, 2014

826 Valencia

When I was in San Francisco one of the places we stopped was so cool that it deserved its own post.  It's called 826 Valencia and it's a Pirate Supply Store, to meet the needs of the working buccaneer.  The Pirate Shop is just the front for a Writing/Tutoring program to help kids get excited about creative writing.  Isn't that the coolest thing you've ever heard in your life??? 
 
The store was charming with endless cool little tidbits to play with.  You could pull out each of these drawers on the wall and they were full of things like mustaches, lace cuffs, eye patches and other piratey surprises. 
    





In case you're thinking of growing some facial hair and want to see how it would look.



I thought this place was the bees knees and I'm glad we found it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you got so many pictures of it! I was trying to convey to my family how cool this place was, but my description didn't do it justice.