Yes, 6 whole months have passed since my last postaroo, but don't worry we made it through winter and by this point in the year winter feels like a long long time ago. It's always hard to imagine snow and darkness in the middle of the sunny sunlit summer.
This winter Paul started doing property management for a friend of ours who owns a home here but moved out of state. It was an awesome opportunity because Paul loves nothing better than working on projects. He was in heaven flushing pipes, changing locks and all that good stuff.

His other job continued along quite merrily as he helps people with disabilities to explore the community. He's been able to go on a roadtrip to Seward and go on a hike or two. (Pretty nice office view, wouldn't you say?)

Who doesn't love the hand tram?
A nice view of Anchorage while working.

Perhaps best of all, he started volunteering at the zoo with some of the people he works with. They run the petting zoo with the goats.


But sometimes they explore other areas too.
And even though we don't have any pets, he doesn't have to worry about animal withdrawal when he gets home.
When we got home from Thailand I tried my hand at some thai dishes. That food was too good to leave behind. I think I'm learning a few dishes quite satisfactorily.
Here's my first green papaya salad.

Also of note, I have recently developed not only a tolerance for, but a love of tomatoes. This has resulted in taking my sandwich making to a whole new level. I am really enjoying veggie sandwiches with a friend egg on them. Yum!!
I spent some time with my awesome friend Katie Hill teaching her how to make books. This is the one I worked on and was super happy with how it turned out. Too bad she moved away last month!! She is already missed terribly. (Man that's a cool book!)
As spring approached we enjoy 2 entire months of sun and warmth without a cloudy day. We went on exactly one bike ride along the coastal trail and enjoyed it immensely.

This winter Paul started doing property management for a friend of ours who owns a home here but moved out of state. It was an awesome opportunity because Paul loves nothing better than working on projects. He was in heaven flushing pipes, changing locks and all that good stuff.
His other job continued along quite merrily as he helps people with disabilities to explore the community. He's been able to go on a roadtrip to Seward and go on a hike or two. (Pretty nice office view, wouldn't you say?)
Who doesn't love the hand tram?
A nice view of Anchorage while working.
Perhaps best of all, he started volunteering at the zoo with some of the people he works with. They run the petting zoo with the goats.
But sometimes they explore other areas too.
And even though we don't have any pets, he doesn't have to worry about animal withdrawal when he gets home.
When we got home from Thailand I tried my hand at some thai dishes. That food was too good to leave behind. I think I'm learning a few dishes quite satisfactorily.
Here's my first green papaya salad.
Also of note, I have recently developed not only a tolerance for, but a love of tomatoes. This has resulted in taking my sandwich making to a whole new level. I am really enjoying veggie sandwiches with a friend egg on them. Yum!!
I spent some time with my awesome friend Katie Hill teaching her how to make books. This is the one I worked on and was super happy with how it turned out. Too bad she moved away last month!! She is already missed terribly. (Man that's a cool book!)
Here's Paul Wall, enjoying General Conference. Yes, that is a pillow for each arm.
As spring approached we enjoy 2 entire months of sun and warmth without a cloudy day. We went on exactly one bike ride along the coastal trail and enjoyed it immensely.
In May our rad friends Matt and Callie got married. They met at my work. One day some coworkers and I were chatting about our relationships and I mentioned how I was so excited to meet Paul because he is so FUN and so GOOD, both qualities that were super important to me and surprisingly hard to find in the same person. Callie said, "Yeah, where are all those guys?" My other friend then said, "What about Matt?" I promptly got on the phone with him (very nonchalantly, totally cool) and scheduled her some shifts to work with him. They took care of the rest. For the last 2 years he's been working his dream job in DC with the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children and she's been fulfilling a contract teaching in Tulusak, a tiny village in rural Alaska. Finally they get to be together in the best way!! We are so happy for them.
1 comment:
GREAT post, Shug! I LOVE the picture of the moose (?) and the foos ball table in the same frame. What a life you have!!! I'm also thrilled to hear that you love tomatoes. It's sometimes hard for me to share some of the best recipes with you because of the tomato factor. Are you growing any? Home grown are the best! We have our first ones growing right now!
That book is absolutely beautiful! Where did you get the fabric? I'm assuming you didn't do the applique yourself? Did you convert it into book cloth? I love it?
I love the story about your friends getting married and you arranging them so wonderfully. They look like really great people. And YOU look beautiful, really, really pretty. And of course Paul and his conference get-up looks good too :)
SO great to see pics of your life!
Post a Comment