This is my big brother Levi. He is the best. He wanted to come to Alaska and get his picture taken with a big fish.
We were happy to oblige. He wasn't even too picky about who caught the fish, but he wanted the picture to send to his friends. Don't worry, with Paul's fabulous instruction he was able to land quite a few monsters of his own.
This picture isn't spectacular or anything, but I just wanted to show how much fun we were having while he was here. Doesn't that look like a party? We rode our bikes through the woods in to the fishing spot. I love that bike/fishing combo. It always makes me feel like I'm about 11 years old (even though I never once rode my bike to go fishing when I was 11...but still.)
He didn't have to do much twisting of Paul's arm to get a fishing trip out of him. We wanted to send him home with a bunch of salmon and we were successful in our goal.
Paul is a great little fishing coach. If you look carefully at this picture, you can see the splash by the rock that is a fish on the end of Paul's line.
Are you guys getting tired of pictures of Paul holding up huge fish? Because he's not getting tired of posing for them!
Levi was always so much cooler than me when we were growing up, and whether I like it or not, some things never change. He's super athletic and has always been a super awesome hockey player. (In fact, I spent a large part of my childhood playing hockey (miserable and unskilled) because I wanted to be as cool as him.) I have always been proud to tell people he is my brother. He owns a masonry supply business in Bozeman Montana and recently landed his dream job as a fireman!!!! Isn't that the coolest?
Levi's really fun to be around. Paul is really fun to be around. These guys sure like each other and that makes me SO HAPPY! I love it. I got a kick out of watching them fillet the fish we caught.
Since we had caught SO MANY FISH we had a little time left over to do some backpacking, which I was thrilled with. Remember how it was so sunny this summer? Well, that all ended in August when it started to rain and did not stop. Don't worry, whenever we were fishing or hiking, there was no rain. Our first day of hiking was even sunny, but we didn't get any pictures. (I'm sorry...I can't seem to stop the constant weather reports. I think it's the farmer's daughter in me that I'll never quite get rid of.)
We hiked up to the Reed Lakes which feel like they're at the tip top of the world.
After a little supper Levi and Paul decided to climb up above the lake and go roll some boulders. They had a blast.
His actual excuse for coming up was to attend a friend's wedding. So while he did that, we ate some delicious deep dish pizza in preparation for our upcoming trip to Chicago!!!
2 comments:
Those are some REALLY good big fish pictures! They actually almost look fake. They should be made into posters.
And the pizza! Was it good? It looks pretty . . . deep dishy. Prepare to be blown out of the water. Shall we have a Chicago pizza taste test, or do you want to just try one kind? We are a house divided on which kind is best.
You're fun people. Just fun. I feel like we're all having a flurry of posting on each other's blogs, but really, it's just me and you've all been there before me!
Post a Comment