Sunday, June 16, 2013

Funday Monday


You know how Paul and I have Mondays off together?  Well last week he had a training ALL DAY on Monday.  I was beside myself...it's SUMMERTIME!  There are HIKES to be done.  We cannot waste a Monday!!!  I nearly had a breakdown. 
 
And then, inspiration struck.  Thank goodness for these girls.  They are a handful of the young women from our ward and they were gracious enough to spend some old lady time with me so that I would have company on my hike.  What GREAT GIRLS!!! I love them.  
 
 
 
And hopefully they still love me after taking them on such a beastly hike.  It was only 2.5 miles to the summit.  A nice 5 mile round tripper.  No big deal, right?  I knew there was a little elevation gain involved, but that's what makes it hiking, right? 
 

 
 
Yeah, 3000 feet of elevation gain in about 2 miles.  Eek!  It sure felt good to be on a mountain though.  You just can't beat it. 
 
I got home at the same time as Paul and he said, "Perfect timing.  Let's go fishing."  So we did.
 
 

Our days are long long long right now as we near solstice.  We stay up super late every night because A.) it's beautiful B.) there is so much fun to be had and C.) it feels like it's 5:00 in the afternoon!  Good times Alaska.
 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

What fun people you are. And that hike was really good for the characters of those girls. You probably saved their moral lives. Good job.

Shelby Falabella said...

Your blog makes me miss Alaska! What incredible pictures! And awesome girls :) I love reading your updates!