Monday, May 20, 2013

Moving Forward

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed, but Paul and I don't have any kids.  Yep, childless.  It's pretty crappy.  Actually, our life is not crappy at all (as I'm sure you've noticed from the incredible adventures and stunning beauty that fills this blog) but we really really want to be parents together. We're just lacking some kids. 

We've had about a zillion ups and downs throughout this little journey of ours (which I am not going to bore you with here) and have arrived at where we are today, Approved For Adoption.  We are approved as a potential adoptive couple through LDS Family Services.  I feel like we are as excited about this as we were disappointed about everything that has brought us to this point.

So here comes the part where you can help us.  Please tell everyone you know that you know a super awesome couple who are hoping to adopt.  (Make sure to include the part about how we are super awesome.)  You never know who may know someone who knows someone who is looking for an adoptive home for a child. 

I would love to answer any questions of anyone who reads this.  I have found that talking about our experiences has helped me to process them and has resulted in feeling super supported, which is always nice.  I just don't want to overshare to the whole worldwideweb and bore anyone who doesn't care about our details on this blog.       

So next time you have a minute, check out our profile on itsaboutlove.org, LDS Family Services' adoption website.  There you will be wowed with all sorts of convincing information and pictures that illustrate what a great mom and dad we will be someday.


Don't you think Paul will be the best dad?  He's SUPER patient and unbelievably fun.  What better combination could you ask for in a father? 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to be the best parents one day! I'm so sorry for what you guys have had to go through and I love your honesty in this post. I know that adoption can be a long process, but I have quite a few friends who have had amazing success through lds family services. You guys are amazing and there's a child out there who is going to be so blessed to have you as their mom and dad. Love you guys!

Tracy said...

I can't tell you how super glad I am that Natalie Sego posted your adoption page on facebook so I could re-post it and also find your blog!

I love Shug.

Unknown said...

Shug! It's Jody formerly McCarrey now Best. My hubster and I will be in AK all summer and we want to play and hike and be friends with awesome people like yourself. You have always been someone that I have admired because you have the faith that I would kill to have. (Not like Nephi killed Laban...more like Teancum kills Amalickiah, except, I wouldn't kill you, because you know, you are so faithful). Not only would Paul be a great dad, YOU would be a great mother. Please please please email me! jodymacbest@gmail.com

Kelsey said...

We love you!

Ben said...

You guys are amazingly positive. And, you'll be spectacular parents. Actually, come to think of it, could I be your kid? That would be amazing...

I've spread the word to the Iverson mafia to see if we can help you out, and I expect Jenn will be getting a blog post put up soon as well, to spread the word to as many people as possible.

In the mean time, hang in there!

Kris and Sam said...

You two will be awesome parents! In this world of McDonald's and Hamburger Helper, some lucky, lucky child is going to be yours instead and eat salmon Paul has yanked from the stream and pizza slipped off of your peel and bread baked fresh on Mondays. I'm a little bit jealous of this child. Thanks for sharing your profile; I'm re-posting! ;)

Brittany said...

Posted on FB! I will also post it on my blog, but since only you and Griff read that, it has a considerably lower chance of attracting anyone.

You are going to be the BEST mom. I, too am kind of outrageously jealous of that kid.

Paul and Shug said...

Paul wants to say that he thinks its a miracle how everyone is helping to share our hopes for adoption. Thanks!

Aubrey said...

Thank you for sharing. And thanks for sending an email to family so that we can help any way we can by sharing it on our facebook, etc. I just want you to know we love you guys and think about you... even if we are practically on different continents! I just have to share this because it's awesome. Read David A. Bednar's talk "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality" https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/04/the-atonement-and-the-journey-of-mortality?lang=eng. Our trials are different right now... Bryce didn't pass the bar exam for the second time, and we are jobless going on a year plus... minor trials compared to yours, but this article/talk really helped me. Good luck with everything. We truly hope and pray for the best.

Beccarigg said...

Paul and Shug, we love you guys so much and know you will be the most incredible parents! I shared this on Facebook and have asked my friends to do the same! I'll post it on my blog too! We will be praying with all our hearts for you to find your family. We love you!!

Unknown said...

Love you guys so much! I also posted this on my facebook page and asked that my friends re-post. Stay strong (as I know you will) and know that you have all the love and support from your Aunty Regan (and soon to be Uncle Corwin). Loves.

David and Amy said...

Shrug and Paul--I just wanted to echo everybody's sentiments and say you will be awesome parents! I will post your profile on my Facebook page. I will pray for a lucky child to find their way to you soon!