Leaving work a smidgeon early one day late in November, we drove into the last of the daylight along Turnagain Arm in search of the perfect Christmas tree. The sun was strong and low and mist was hovering above the calm ocean water.
We drove until we hit the area where you can chop down trees, donned our snow gear and tromped into the forest.
After a very short while of looking, we saw it in the middle of a gully with beam of light illuminating it from the heavens.
So we chopped it down. I've never felt bad about having a real tree before, but this year I felt bad about prematurely ending this beauty's life. I do, however, like think it was happy in the middle of our Christmas. We got it home and realized it took up a good 3/4 of our living room. Awesome!
2 comments:
That is awesome that you cut down your own tree. True Alaskans :)
I wish you had a photo of the tree in your house! You wouldn't believe the conflict I feel in my soul when I see such breathtakingly beautiful pictures of snow.
Post a Comment