Where I grew up there are no hills. It's really just flat which makes sledding less than exciting. Unless of course you're tied behind a truck pulling you around at incredible speeds.
It also helps if you are 8 years old or under. Then you really like it a lot. Or if you're a full grown adult male. Then you really like it too.
Look at how much fun these guys are having.
When the little kids were done and the driver turned it up a notch for the big boys, I took myself inside. It was a little too reminiscent of the Delta Double of Lake Powell fame. Jen kept looking out the window and saying things like, "They're going SO FAST!" and "Ooooo, they had a big wipeout." Don't worry, everyone was fine, even if they were a little sore the next day.
Then we shot some shotguns. It was maybe my favorite part of the trip. I did AWESOME. We played a game called Pieces. Shooter #1 (Let's call him Paul) got to take the first shot at the clay pigeon. If he hit it (which of course he did, he's so good) then Shooter #2 (Let's call her Shug) had to try to hit any of the pieces flying through the air from Paul's hit. If Shooter #2 hits a piece, then Shooter #1 is out. And yes, I got him out. My dad was so impressed with my marksmanship he said, "Not bad, for a democrat!" Thanks Dad.
Then we immediately rushed inside for some professional family pictures to be taken. Let's say I looked a little less-than-polished in those pics.
2 comments:
Most of the time, I do not envy you your wintry childhood. But I would have LOVED this growing up! (We used to sled down grassy hills on cardboard in the summers . . . )
So if we move to New Hampshire, we need to get a truck? This looks phenomenal.
Post a Comment