Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What We Do In The Winter

Last year mom gave us a candy thermometer for Christmas. Thanks Mom! This year Paul gave me a long longed for yogurt maker for my birthday. Thanks Paul! Combine the two and what do you get?

Delicious yogurt.

With all the Christmassing going on around here, I took a slight hiatus from making bread. With the new scale and meat/bread thermometer from Paul's parents (Thanks Jeff & Kathy!) I made my best batch yet!


We also found our bird feeder a little askew after this weekend's snow. I guess Anchorage has topped its all-time record for snow to date at this point in the winter. We have had more than double the average. This year so far we've had 81.3 inches with more coming! Ilove it! (Especially since sweet Paul does the shovelling!)

All the pictures are thanks to my Dad for our new lenses! Thanks Dad!

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys have gotten already! That's insane! We just got our first snowfall of the winter today and it's just a light covering. That's so nice that Paul does all the shoveling. What a good little husband : ) (Taber tries to do ours too but it seems he's always at work when the snow comes dumping down, which leaves me with the fun job of clearing a path out of the driveway!)

Brittany said...

That is beautiful bread. I like your camera.

Jenn said...

Yes, happy lenses! Doesn't it make photography so much more fun? BTW, I just gave away my old film camera -- since I realized the last time I used it was 6 YEARS AGO! I had a half-used roll of film from 2006 that I was excited to develop and see what it was, but then I opened the camera and exposed all the film. Do you think you'll ever go back to film, maybe to prove that you're a real artist? I always thought we would have our own dark room... probably not.