We have a sweet house. One of the best things about it is the window in our bedroom. I'm sure there's a name for it, but I don't know what it is. It sticks out from the wall of the house, like a bay window. There a lovely green tiled surface that usually we crowd with green growing plants, thriving off the best warmest sun in the house. It's the same window we seal up in the winter with saran wrap because it's kind of (super) drafty. Well, one of the best things about spring is when it's warm in that window again. I move the plants and crawl in for a good warm-puddle-of-sun nap. It's the best. It reminds me of sleeping behind the couch in the Raintree apartments where I lived in Provo with Nat and Mandy. I would grab a blanket and sleep in the sun between the couch and the sliding glass doors. (Yes, I do a lot of sleeping during the day...) Today after church I gleefully pulled down all the winter plastic like a mad-woman. I like spring. It makes me feel mad! And sleepy...
Sunday, April 17, 2011
The Best Spot In The House
We have a sweet house. One of the best things about it is the window in our bedroom. I'm sure there's a name for it, but I don't know what it is. It sticks out from the wall of the house, like a bay window. There a lovely green tiled surface that usually we crowd with green growing plants, thriving off the best warmest sun in the house. It's the same window we seal up in the winter with saran wrap because it's kind of (super) drafty. Well, one of the best things about spring is when it's warm in that window again. I move the plants and crawl in for a good warm-puddle-of-sun nap. It's the best. It reminds me of sleeping behind the couch in the Raintree apartments where I lived in Provo with Nat and Mandy. I would grab a blanket and sleep in the sun between the couch and the sliding glass doors. (Yes, I do a lot of sleeping during the day...) Today after church I gleefully pulled down all the winter plastic like a mad-woman. I like spring. It makes me feel mad! And sleepy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I was little I would curl up on the floor at the foot of my parents' bed in the middle of a puddle of sunshine streaming from their window. It's one of the loveliest feelings ever.
Post a Comment