Sunday, March 13, 2011

We've been mostly hunkering down, sticking it out through the rest of the winter. The light is returning, so that's pretty sweet. With Daylight Savings it's light out until 8:30 or so.

We've been eating some great food. I got a new camera for Christmas. One of the reasons I most wanted it was to take pictures of Paul's face. Cause it's beautiful. Another main reason was beacause I want to take beautiful pictures of our food. We eat so well here and everyday I want the whole world to know how amazing our food turns out. So here's a little peak. (Still learning how to use the camera, but making progress.)


This was one of our experiments in the wok that Mom gave us for Christmas. It's definitely an adventure cooking with that beast. We've made some delicious meals but I'm not sure if we've yet captured the elusive "wok hay." Yes, we set one gigantor plate and both took a fork to it. It's bok choi with tomatoes and mushrooms.



I like that you can see the steam rising off the plate.



Then there was the french toast made with homemade cinnamon raisin bread topped with vanilla yogurt, blueberries and your favorite and mine...syrup. (Man I love syrup.)

4 comments:

David and Amy said...

My mouth is watering, what beautiful photos!

Mal said...

Yum! I love your food pics.

Jenn said...

That french toast has inspired me. Yum!

I'm so happy for you and the camera. I noticed that it looks pretty dark out your window around dinnertime, and my first thought was, "Man, Shug is going to love her camera a lot more when it's light all the time in Alaska." Natural light makes it a lot more fun.

Good luck finishing out the winter -- you're getting pretty close!

Brittany said...

So where's the photo of Paul's face?