We went to Hatcher's Pass to climb upwards.

Then we forced them into slave labor and got a ton of fireweed blossoms for jelly.
We went to the hand tram in Girdwood where Paul and I had one of our first dates.
This is them, way out in the middle. (They're kissing. Tee hee.)
This is the raging river the tram goes over.
This is what it looks like if you look down.
More Girdwood pictures.


Ben playing in the river near the Crow Pass trailhead.
We went fishing.
We made jelly out of the fireweed blossoms.
We went fishing again.
This is me being helpful.
This is Griff being helpful...or Willow.
Exit Glacier near Seward.

Making buttons with my birthday present button maker.
We made supper. A lot. We ate a ton of delicious food. Griff spoiled us with several batches of cookies.

We went to Eklutna lake.

Which is where we kayaked in some terrific winds.

Mostly though, we played Catan, every single night. Paul's a little addicted. (Okay, okay...I may have a slight problem as well.)

And then we dropped them off at the airport with our trip to Boston in the planning stages. Can't wait to see them again.
6 comments:
Shug, you live in an astoundingly beautiful place! How lucky for Jenn and Ben to get a taste of your life (and your delicious cooking!). :)
Oh no! Is it really Knick Glacier, not Exit Glacier? I was so proud of myself for remembering the names of all of the places! Well, at least we got our post up before you (barely!).
Please come to Boston someday!
What a perfect vacation with perfect hosts! The scenery is stunning, you're so lucky to live and play there!
FUN! Looks like you guys never run out of things to do up there!
PS I am so intrigued by this fireweed jelly. It's a really pretty color..but what does it taste like? Is this something you have often? I love the idea of boiling down blossoms to make a treat!
CRAZY how we used almost exactly the same pictures! There were some pretty good ones, I guess. We miss you guys like crazy and are really counting on a visit from the Riggs next fall.
Post a Comment