4.5 miles one way. 5000 ft elevation gain. That's pretty much straight up. And then it's pretty much straight down when you come back. We did this one Monday recently. I figured, hey, I'm young, I may not be in the best shape, but I can do this. I did. And then I could barely walk for a few days afterwards. Every hike we do I always think is the most intense hike of my life. This was no exception. And I think it might take the cake for a while. We are learning to trust our little guide book when it says, "Very Strenuous." We also nearly ran into a bear, but it turned out to be a couple moose. Anyone who is planning on visiting us, do not plan on doing this hike. But if you really want to do it, we'd be happy to drop you off and wait for you to finish.
No comments:
Post a Comment