We have a new neighbor. This is him across the street.

And this is him eating our greenery and flowers.

We banged on the window to no avail. My boss says she has a big walking stick that she uses to smack the moose on the butt when he's eating her flowers. He's been here several times this week. I came home from work one day and he was sitting in front of our neighbor's house in the shade, like a big dog. Some gardners have to worry about bugs. We have to worry about moose. Apparently spraying wolf or lion's urine around your garden keeps the moose away. Strangely enough, we don't have any of that on hand.
3 comments:
earlier this winter, a moose showed up in a neighborhood in Alpine, and it was one of the biggest news stories of the day in utah county. people were crazy over it. we go for long drives in the mountains in hopes of spotting one, even from a distance. and here you have them wandering around like the obnoxious neighborhood dog that won't stay in it's own yard. smacking it on the butt with a stick, to make it leave? that just slays me.
if only alaska weren't so dark--you make me want to be there so much! it makes me sad to live in eagle mountain.
ha! I've heard if you call someone that lives in Washington DC that makes them go away. They fear the man.
So . . . everyone I talk to that hears I am going to Alaska tries to make me afraid of all the animals that are going to try to kill me. They say things like, "Sure, it's pretty, as long as you're not afraid of getting attacked by bears."
I tell them we are going to visit someone named Shug Rigg, and they settle right down.
Post a Comment