
Not to be outdone by last year's spring break adventures, we decided to brave the cold and fly our kites out on Turnagain Arm. We went to the same spot several times last summer but haven't been out since it snowed. It's a totally different place. It looks martian or something. Luckily, we found one area of unbroken ice to serve as our runway, otherwise it would have been pretty treacherous walking backwards on all those chunked up peices of ice, looking at the sky. It was beautiful. All sunny and blue skies, the bright spots of color kites against all that white white snow. All alone in the world. Beautiful.





(It's hard to work a camera with enormous gloves on.)


Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is how you sign "a person walking up a spiral staircase.
5 comments:
Yes, but how do you sign a person walking down a staircase? No wonder I always see deaf people standing at the top of spiral staircases with puzzled looks on their faces.
So do you have to do two spins? I see two spins in the picture, but what if you only do one spin with your hand? Would the person you were talking to get real confused?
Gorgeous! The ice, not the sign for spiral staircase, although that has certain appeal too.
Hey Shug! This is Emily, Amy Squires little sister. I just found your blog. It looks like you have so much fun living in Alaska! It's beautiful there! I always enjoyed talking with you when I would visit Amy.
Dear Shug,
I miss you. Please come back to your blog.
Love,
Me
Post a Comment