


(Paul makes fun of me for all the product placements on our blog.)I made laundry soap today! (Of course when I told my mom, she assumed I had learned how to use beef lard and lye to make soap...Not quite.) We had an enrichment project a while ago where they showed us how. It's quite easy and very economical. You just use Fels Naptha, shred it, boil it in water to melt it, add Borax, Washing Soda and water and there you have it.
4 comments:
That sounds like something I'd make...what is Fels Naptha? And can I ask what the measurements are for the detergent? Cool idea Shug.
I won first place at my 2nd grade science fair on lye and lard soap, manufactured with the help of my Great Aunt Una. It's a process that really...stinks, actually. I think I like your method more :)
I'm with Erin, what's Fels Naptha? Though I applaud the economical efforts and personal growth that undoubtedly came through this process, laundry detergent is just so convenient . . . and smells better. However, it DOES make you sound like a domestic Macgyver and I think that's "wicked awesome."
No no Missy. It smells so Good!
Post a Comment