We went blueberry picking in one of my favorite places in the world, Hatcher's Pass. That's the freshest air I've ever tasted in my life. We also plucked some fireweed blossoms to make jelly out of. That was tied for the most beautiful gathering experience of my life. Imagine, gathering blossoms from flowers to make food out of! Our very first attempt at canning. Everything sealed, but only 2 jars of the jelly actually set. Looks like we have a year's storage of fireweed syrup! Sweet.
Oh snap! THAT'S fireweed?! We have that growing in our backyard like weeds! I didn't know you could make jelly out of it. I could add it to my collection of peculiar preserves: Ginger Pear, Blueberry Spice (which tastes like a meat dipping sauce) Dandilion jelly, apple butter, etc. First time canning is wicked awesome!
3 comments:
Looks like an image straight out of Blueberries for Sal. That's how blueberry picking should be. AND I really like anyplace named Hatcher's Pass.
Okay, what are the beautiful things we can do in the dead dark of winter? Can Paul navigate Hatcher's Pass in the suburu in December?
Oh snap! THAT'S fireweed?! We have that growing in our backyard like weeds! I didn't know you could make jelly out of it. I could add it to my collection of peculiar preserves: Ginger Pear, Blueberry Spice (which tastes like a meat dipping sauce) Dandilion jelly, apple butter, etc. First time canning is wicked awesome!
Post a Comment