Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More food!

I hope you think this food is as exciting to look at as I do. Creation. I love it. I had a beautiful conversation with my cashier at the grocery store yesterday about creating things for people you love. I can daily create something with my hands that helps Paul to stay alive. And it's something that makes life more enjoyable in the meantime. Notice the most exciting menu item...Tamales! Neither of us has ever tried making them before. They were a smashing success.


2 comments:

Ben said...

I come home from studying all day, and invariably I'm greeted by two things when I first walk in the door: (1) Henry screaming, "DADDY!" as he plows into me; (2) The smell of some incredible food that Jenn has prepared (and can I just add that fresh bread is included in that at least once a week? Once a week? Are you kidding me?). Could there be anything better to come home to? Absolutely not.

By the way, way to go on the tamales. Baking them in corn husks is definitely the way to go. In Guatemala they cook them in banana leaves, and that makes them all soggy and gross.

Jenn said...

Hmmm . . . maybe you and Paul should come live with me for a while. It would be like polygamy, except with two husbands. And you could cook for me every day. Or better yet, we could trade off days -- cooking and playing with the kiddos. And I would let you do all the laundry!